Dispatch management refers to the management and optimization of distribution, whether it’s for same-day on-demand delivery, dedicated fleet services, or scheduled deliveries. You can manage them all with the transportation dispatch software.
Dispatch management is part of a larger fleet management system that includes vehicle tracking, fleet maintenance, route planning, and optimization. Taxi services, rental companies, logistics companies, field sales companies, emergency services, and other businesses involved in dispatch and delivery will benefit from the solution.
Table of Contents
- Why is Dispatch Management Software Required?
- Features to Look for in Dispatch Management Software
- How to Pick the Best Dispatch Management Software
- Final Thoughts
Why is Dispatch Management Software Required?
Here are some of the tasks that dispatch software can help you with.
- Assigning Tasks: A good dispatch management software solution helps businesses assign tasks and routes to drivers.
- Route Optimization: Making a task or route plan with basic information, such as name and address, is insufficient. A defined route path must be assigned to drivers. The delivery management software must optimize the route by taking into account various factors such as distance, required time, traffic incidents, and so on. Businesses can make more efficient and on-time deliveries by optimizing route schedules based on priorities and deadlines.
- Saves Time and Money: Drivers who use optimized routes from delivery management software to make deliveries save time and money on navigation and deliveries. There will be few detours for drivers with accurate route navigation. The drivers save time and money as a result of this as well.
- Manages Customer, Driver, and Routes: Customers, deliveries, drivers, and routes are all managed on one dashboard with dispatch management software. Using a single platform, you can easily receive orders, assign them, and complete deliveries. A courier driver or a field service team may use this type of software solution. There is no need for separate dispatch systems for customers, employees, carriers, and tasks. They can be completed quickly and easily on a single platform.
- Simplifies Communication: Keeping track of every little activity becomes possible when all significant tasks are carried out through a single dashboard in your delivery management software. Each task’s accountability and visibility improves. It also makes communication between the dispatch team and the drivers, as well as between the drivers or business and the customers, much easier. With an easy communication flow between the fleet managers and the drivers, the delivery results are more efficient.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction: Deliveries are made on time when tasks are completed on time. A key component of good customer management is on-time deliveries and clear communication. Whatever service you provide, whether it’s e-commerce (retail, wholesale, dropshipping, or subscription), courier, or even waste management, good customer service can quickly improve customer satisfaction and expand your customer base.
- Analytics & Reports: A company can use all of the data related to customers, sales, deliveries, and driver performance for future reference and decision-making once it has been recorded. Daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly performance reports and analytics are common in fleet management solutions. These reports assist employees in identifying areas for improvement, as well as the business management team in making informed decisions.
Features to Look for in Dispatch Management Software
A list of features to look for in dispatch management software is provided below:
- Automated Scheduling: You can save time and effort by automating task scheduling and assignment. Deliveries and driver tasks are scheduled automatically by dispatch management software. It is easier to manage jobs or tasks with drag-and-drop features. Sophisticated dispatch management software allows you to spend less time on manual tasks and more time on more important tasks.
- Up-to-Date Maps: To provide accurate results for each query, any software that deals with route management, optimization, and tracking requires up-to-date maps. You can double-check that the address you’re looking for is correct using up-to-date maps. Updated maps also show you information that has recently changed.
- GPS Tracking: You can track your drivers’ exact location and the status of the deliveries they’re making using GPS tracking. For traffic predictions, real-time traffic updates, and advanced routing, GPS tracking employs sophisticated tools. It contains all of the necessary information, making it easier for your drivers to complete deliveries. Driver location updates in real time and complete visibility boost efficiency, accountability, and safety.
- Mobile-Friendly: Not only for fleet managers, but also for customers, mobile access provides communication and accessibility. Drivers who have mobile access can send their locations to their fleet managers and customers. It also gives them more control over their delivery responsibilities. Mobile access to your delivery management software and it’s routes facilitates and improves two-way communication. It also replaces paperwork that would take up an immense amount of time and space, both on the drivers and the organization.
- Customer Notifications: The software sends customer notifications via email or SMS to the customer’s registered mobile phone number. When customers are more informed about delivery details, communication and reporting between drivers and customers improves. If customers know when to expect the delivery, they will make sure they are present or have an alternative option. Customer notifications aid in the establishment of a clear line of communication within an organization. A business can easily serve its entire customer base with the software.
How to Pick the Best Dispatch Management Software
These are a few pointers to consider when selecting dispatch management software:
- What features do you need? Every software solution comes with a long list of features. Some may be appropriate for your company’s needs, while others may not. It’s best if you check to see if all of the important features are included in the software you’ve chosen.
- Is it compatible with your current systems? Any new software solution you select must be able to work with the current set of solutions you have in place. The cost of service dispatch software is quite high. If they don’t work with your current software, you’ll have to replace them, which will be inconvenient and costly.
- Is the dispatch management software comprehensive? Good dispatch management software serves as a route planner, trucking software, GPS fleet tracking software, and field service management software all in one package. Each company will find something useful in a good fleet management solution.
- Is it adaptable? The dispatch management software must be able to respond quickly. Employees, whether field technicians, drivers, fleet managers, or the dispatch team, must find it simple to use.
- Is it reasonably priced? Field service management software isn’t cheap. If you’re looking for software that’s simple to use, integrates with your existing systems, and fits within your budget, it’ll come in handy.
Delivery companies use comprehensive dispatch management software solutions to manage a variety of fleet operations, including route optimization, driver management, and fleet management.
The best dispatching software is one that, through its features, meets all of your business’s needs. The best dispatch software is a subjective term that varies depending on the features you require.
It’s difficult for businesses to manage all of their business functions without the right business intelligence to support dispatchers and drivers. Through a single web dashboard, efficient cloud-based dispatch management software helps workers, drivers, and field service technicians plan routes, optimize routes, connect with the team, receive daily tasks, enable vehicle tracking, and more. So, are you prepared to implement dispatch management software in your company? Let us know what you think!